Business Development Manager DACH
Do you want to hop on board our rocketship and become part of a fast-paced, dynamic, SaaS start-up? And are you ready to join us on our mission to make all audio accessible? Keep reading!
Are you eager to take ownership of the full sales cycle from following-up inbound leads, generating outbound opportunities, qualifying leads, and closing deals with clients in a number of proven industries?
The DACH market is one of the largest and fastest-growing markets for Amberscript. We have a number of well-known customers and references in a variety of industries and there is significant traction in the DACH market.
You will be the first hire fully dedicated to bringing this promising market to the next level. In this role, you will be responsible for further expanding our B2B business in the proven DACH market. In close collaboration with the founders, you will develop opportunities in clearly defined verticals, you will set up new partnerships and you will close deals in a steadily growing market.
In this role, you will be the face and driver of the growth of AmberScript for the DACH market. The market is wide open, there is a clear demand for high-quality speech recognition and captions which is driven by national legislation.
- Generating and closing outbound deals (50% of your time)
- Closing and maintaining partnerships (30% of your time)
- Determining our go-to-market strategy (20% of your time)
“We value taking ownership and setting ourselves ambitious goals while staying genuine and delighting customers.”
We are Amberscript, a dynamic startup with the goal of making audio accessible by transforming it into text. With the best speech-recognition algorithms on the market, we save our customers hundreds of thousands of hours of manual labor and we enable thousands of people with auditory impairments (deaf and hard of hearing) to understand video and audio more easily.
We are in the process of disrupting a very traditional market (transcription & subtitling). Now that we have achieved product-market fit, we are scaling rapidly. Our AI speech-to-text engine obtains the best results in the market, as proven by independent tests in the media. Our product is being used by 1 million+ users worldwide.
What will a Business Development Manager achieve?
- You will take our list of target accounts and approach prospects via different outbound channels. Within the first 6 months, you will sign your first high-profile customer
- You will represent Amberscript on trade shows and other networking events
- You will build upon an existing network of partners and sign new partnership agreements
- After growing the market significantly, you will lead the growing DACH commercial team consisting of Inside Sales Representatives and Account Managers
The profile of a Business Development Manager:
- 5-10 years of experience in sales, consulting, or startup environments
- Entrepreneurial by nature, eager to learn and to discover and conquer your market
- Proven track record of selling enterprise solutions to large organizations and universities
- ‘Consultative selling’ is something that comes naturally to you
- Self-organized. Together with our commercial co-founder, you’ll be in charge of developing the go-to-market strategy and executing it.
- Flexibility to work in a startup environment with team members from all over the world
- A strong passion for disruptive technology.
- Native German, fluent English
- Experience in the Higher-Education industry is a strong plus
- Become the commercial backbone of our growth in the DACH market and become part of our success story
- A lot of responsibility to shape the German market for Amberscript
- A dynamic work environment in which you can improve your (sales) skills on a daily basis
- A vibrant office in the heart of Amsterdam and colleagues from more than 15 different nationalities
- Company phone
- Free drinks and free snacks in the office (in non-COVID times)
- Friday-afternoon-drinks ( in non-COVID times)
Sounds like you? Then send your CV to [email protected]
To recruiters: Sorry, but we love recruiting ourselves and only accept direct applicants. Please save your and our time and don’t reach out. Thanks!