Terms and conditions
Our website and our services
Our website is maintained to provide the following services (referred to hereafter as services):
- Uploading of audio/video files to our website.
- Automatically creating transcripts of the audio/video files.
- Linking the transcript to the relevant audio/video content.
- An editor that allows you to easily edit the relevant transcript.
- A variety of ways to export and share the content.
Fees and payment
Certain fees apply for using the services – AmberScript fees can be found here
To ensure that our customers are familiar with our product and its quality, we provide a 30-minute free trial of our software. We, therefore, do not offer refunds based on the level of satisfaction with the quality of the end-product. In case a technical error occurs, we will do everything we can to resolve the issue or compensate for any lost transcription-time. Should you have any issues or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
In the case of a premium plan subscription, the minimum duration of this subscription is two months. You will, therefore, even if you cancel your subscription after one month, always be billed for two months. We, therefore, cannot offer a refund for the second month in case you have unsubscribed in the first month, or in cases that you forgot to cancel at all.
Content on the website
All content on the AmberScript website is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You are not allowed to copy or license any of the AmberScript website content without the written permission of AmberScript.
- AmberScript aims to be fully operational 24 hours a day. However, if for any reason the website is unavailable, the company is not liable
- When registering for our services, customers must choose a password. Users are responsible for keeping their password confidential.
AmberScript shall deliver editable transcripts of the audio/media files within 95% of the time when the following criteria are met:
- The uploaded audio or media files are not bigger than 1 GB.
- Not more than 10 files are uploaded simultaneously.
In case of the following rare events, AmberScript is not bound by the service agreement concerning editing time:
- Scheduled downtime.
- Events outside reasonable control.
If AmberScript fails to meet the editing time and none of the rare circumstances are applicable, users will receive a voucher for 3 audio hours.
AmberScript does not have any obligation of a result to its users. The quality of transcriptions is heavily dependent on the quality of the audio. Background noise, low quality microphones and strong accents can all lower the transcription quality. Users themselves are responsible for testing the transcription quality and the expected results. AmberScript never gives refunds due to disappointing transcription quality.
The confidentiality of your content
All audio and media data submitted to AmberScript is the property of the user. AmberScript has the right to use your content with the sole purpose of providing you with the service.
Users are not allowed to upload files of the following type:
- Files that contain another person’s personal information without that person’s written consent.
- Files that contain information that encourages conduct that may be deemed a criminal offense.
- Files that are technically harmful.
AmberScript reserves the right to refuse to transcribe any material that contravenes the terms above.
AmberScript can be contacted by email using the following email address: [email protected]
Issue date: 21-07-2017