Do you want to hop on board our rocketship and become part of a fast-paced, dynamic, SaaS start-up? And are you ready to join us on our mission to make all audio accessible? Keep reading!
We are looking for someone who has a strong engineering background and leadership skills. Your role is to turn business requirements into execution by leading a team of 5 – 7 engineers. You will plan sprints, run retrospectives, develop the careers of the members of the team, take on a wide range of responsibilities, review and write code, and collaborate on the product roadmap. You should feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment keeping a clear head and organization, knowing what to prioritize and what to delegate.
“We value taking ownership and setting ourselves ambitious goals while staying genuine and delighting customers.”
We are Amberscript, a dynamic startup with the goal of making audio accessible by transforming it into text. With the best speech-recognition algorithms on the market, we save our customers hundreds of thousands of hours of manual labor and we enable thousands of people with auditory impairments (deaf and hard of hearing) to understand video and audio more easily.
We are in the process of disrupting a very traditional market (transcription & subtitling). Now that we have achieved product-market fit, we are scaling rapidly. Our AI speech-to-text engine obtains the best results in the market, as proven by independent tests in the media. Our product is being used by 1 million+ users worldwide.
The profile of a Lead Engineer:
- MSC in Computer Science or a related field
- Senior experience as a software engineer – designing, implementing, and launching features and products
- Experience managing a team of software engineers
- Experience working with Java Spring and NodeJS is a plus
- Growth mindset in your work, yourself, and the team
- You are proactive, good at communicating in English, and a fast learner
- You are able to work in Amsterdam (or willing to move)
- A dynamic work environment in which you can improve your skills on a daily basis
- A vibrant office in the heart of Amsterdam and colleagues from more than 15 different nationalities
- Free drinks and free snacks in the office (in non-COVID times)
- Friday-afternoon-drinks ( in non-COVID times)
Sounds like you? Then send your CV to [email protected]
To recruiters: Sorry, but we love recruiting ourselves and only accept direct applicants. Please save your and our time and don’t reach out. Thanks!